This program is more than a visit and a lunch, it is a unique and unforgettable fantastic experience.
Avessada Wine Estate is located in the vineyard plateau of Favaios. A region that cultivates and gave rise to the famous “Moscatel de Favaios”. The Wine Estate has a unique Enoteca in a secular warehouse, traditionally built in Douro and requalified for tourism purposes. The Enoteca has a playful, dynamic and interactive route, which portrays in a unique way our history, way of life, uses and customs, transporting the visitor to an ancestral time.
11:30 a.m – Visitor reception. We start the day with a visit to the Jardins da Enoteca, enjoying a “Moscatel de Honra”.
12:00 a.m- Guided visit to the Enoteca space where participants will get to know the entire traditional Port and Moscatel winemaking process
01:00 p.m- Traditional Douro Lunch at Avessada Wine Estate
Meal made in iron pots and in a good way of the old customs and traditions of the art of good cooking, always accompanied by stories.
- Appetizer: “Pataniscas de bacalhau”, Variety of smoked meat, “Trigo de Favaios” ( specialty);
- Dish: Lavrador soup with beans and vegetables;
- Main Dish: veal loaf stewed in red wine, with roasted potatoes and boiled cabbage;
- Dessert: Regional sweets and seasonal fruit;
- Coffee and brandy as a digestive;
- Drinks included: Water and Red or White Wine DOC
During the year.
(Availability on request)
- Children 0 – 3 years: Free
- Children 4 – 11 years: 50% Discount
- Only representative schedules, being adjusted to the needs of each client
After completing this booking form, you must wait for our reply.
The form filling does not confirm the reservation, since it needs confirmation of availability. After payment is made and the confirmation is send to the email, a voucher will be sent, which must be printed and delivered at the time of boarding.